- Welcome to the Leinster Fish Keeping Society forum.
- We are a simple bunch with simple rules. If these are followed then we can all get along better.
Treat other members with respect. There are to be no personal attacks or insults, even in retaliation, made towards another member. If you disagree with what somebody has posted, then discuss the details in the post without resorting to insults.
What we want is a peaceful fish forum with members respecting each other and enjoying their time here. We can have a bit of banter without hurting each others feelings.
We are all friends here lets keep it that way. Have a good time and welcome to our site.
- Forum Management
- Our forums are by and for fishkeepers. They are a place for us to meet and share and discuss all things fish related. We encourage strong and healthy debate, but there are limits on what can be said or the way in which it is said.
For the purposes of this document, 'moderator' is taken to mean the moderator(s) officially carrying out the moderation of any forum in question. 'Administrator' is taken to mean the group of who make up the management team of the forums. Committee are current LFKS Committee members.
When you register at irishfishforum.com you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- General Posting Rules
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. You are encouraged to voice your opinions, but please do so in a polite, professional and courteous manner, and be considerate of others and treat them as you would like to be treated. Differences of opinion may be expressed, but please refrain from using derogatory or spiteful remarks, aggressive or antagonising tones. Posts that are abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, intolerant of the differences of others, inappropriately sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws will be removed, and appropriate action taken with regards to the posters.
- Inappropriate Content
- It is at the discretion of moderators, admins and the Committee to deem what is abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, racist, hateful, threatening, intolerant of the differences of others, derogatory, spiteful, aggressive, antagonising, inappropriately sexually-oriented or may violate any applicable laws. Members should remember that this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Text Speak
- We all have have a full keyboards at our disposal, please do not Over-use text speak in your posts.
Acronyms "LOL ETC WTF BBQ" are fine, however, we are mostly old farts, and dont understand things like "reli like d luk of it so id like 2 buy it."
From time to time for the craic, it may be appropriate, just dont go wild :-)
- Stored Content
- LFKS, Administrators and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting and stay on-topic to the threads as much as possible. If you have personal comments to make to another member, use email or PM. Please don't spoil the forums for others by creating personal threads or getting off topic. This practice also creates more work for the moderators and members will be warned and appropriate action taken for repeated abuse of the these guidelines.
- Posts that do not add anything to the topic being discussed and that are made in an attempt to increase post counts do nothing but clog up the forums with rubbish and spoil the enjoyment of others. These posts will be deleted and appropriate action taken with members who repeatedly do this.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Copies of articles from media sites should carry full attribution - author, publisher, date, link. Copies of posts on other forumss should credit the original author and forums.
Back to top
- Members are also asked to respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([img][/img]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems to which the member has not received permission to link may be removed.
- Spam and Advertising
- Please do not use these forums to advertise other fishkeeping related forums, websites or shops. We are kindly sponsored by a number of fantastic pet shops, and prefer to give them preference on our fourms and website. Spamming or blatant advertisements will be deleted immediately and you will be warned. Anyone wishing to advertise on this forum should contact the Admins. Cross posting (posting the same topic in more than one forum) will also not be tolerated.
From time to time however we do make exceptions, as it is not always possible to source a particular product from our sponsors, or a deal too unbeatable not to be passed on crops up. Sometimes a link to another site will be required to illustrate a point. If in doubt PM an Admin or Moderator to confirm.
- What to do
- If you see a post which offends you, or has questionable content, then click the ! icon to report the post. This notifies Forum Moderators and Administrators, who will review the post content and action appropriately.
- Newbies are people too. We all started somewhere, it is important to be civil to new people until they find their bearings. There is to be no 'hazing' or newbie bashing. Also remember that a forum registration date is not the time that the user started keeping fish.
- Live Foods
- While some live foods are used and often required for optimum fish health this forum will not be home to discussion of feeding other live 'pets' to fish.
This includes, but is not limited to, 'feeder fish' being given as part of the diet for piranah, oscars etc.
- Naming and Shaming
- Naming and shaming is not encouraged. Wether it be against a member of this forum, a sponsor, another pet shop which is not one of our sponsors, or a completely unrelated service. By all means you can post your experiences, but it would be preferred if you do not directly name any parties involved.
- Usernames are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency and defamation.
- Usernames and Trademarks
- Usernames based on the names of others, moderators and existing members of the forums may be refused at the discretion of the Admins. Any other names deemed to be inappropriate by the moderation team may also be refused.
- Non-Compliant Usernames
- Members who register a username that is deemed not to comply with these requirements or conflicts with a pre-existing username may be asked to change the name. If the member can't be contacted or refuses to change the name, it may be changed or deleted without further notice to the member by the Admins.
- Refusal of Usernames
- The moderation team will make every effort to give reasons for the refusal of usernames, but are not bound to do so.
- Avatars and Signatures
- Avatars and signatures are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency and defamation. We understand that your signature is a branch of your creative personality, but there are limits which must be observed. Signatures dramatically increase load time on the page so we ask you to keep your signatures a reasonable size.
The maximum size of signature images is defined as 600 pixels wide, 100 pixels high. (600x100). If your signature is not a single image, the sum of it's components should likewise not exceed the above limits.
If your signature is deemed to be excessive or inappropriate in any manner, you will be contacted by a moderator about fixing it. If you fail to handle this responsibility, appropriate action will be taken.
- Trademarks and Avatars
- Avatars and signatures based on trademarks should not be used.
- Actions by Moderators
- Moderators will endeavour to contact and explain their actions to a member whose post has been moderated, however, the moderation team has the right to edit or remove any post at any time with, or without, comment or explanation. The determination of what is construed as abuse, defamation, vulgarity, spam, etc. as noted in these points is the responsibility of moderation team members and not users.
- Complaints about the behaviour of moderators should be made directly to the Admin team. Complaints may be made to an individual moderator, or admin but that moderator can only take the complaint, he/she cannot discuss the issue with the complainant. Anonymous complaints will be discarded.
- Back Seat Moderation
- Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators', either by calling other users to account for alleged infractions or continually pointing out infractions to moderators. If members note an issue which they feel contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of the Krew or a member of the moderation team in the 'Moderator Issues' forum. Please, only report posts if you consider the matter to be urgent or a moderation team member has not acted within 6 hours of a post or incident.
- Arguing with moderator team members after having received a warning will lead to further action being taken. Persistent arguing will result in the blocking of the users account.
- Members who feel they have been unfairly warned can contact the moderation team and request the warning be withdrawn. The moderation team will review all appeals on an individual and unbiased basis, and will advise the outcome accordingly as soon as a decision is reached. Their decision in these matters is final, and therefore will not open to further discussion. Contacting individual group members over warning matters is not allowed and may result in an additional warning.
Warnings and Bans
- Appropriate action will be taken against members who contravene any of the rules as stated above. Again, the Moderators and/or Admins decision in any matter is final, and will not be open to further discussion or correspondence.
- Objectionable Material
- While the Admins and moderators of the forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the Admins, moderators or Committee (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
- Potentially defamatory posts are not to be made on this board. Defamation is any statement that might damage the reputation of another person. Defamatory material posted on the forums threatens the well-being of LFKS and will be removed without notice. Appropriate action will be taken against members who continually post defamatory material. Please note that accounts can be blocked without prior notificatiopn.
- Contravening content rules may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The Admins and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
- Attempting to impersonate an existing member may result in a warning or ban at the discretion of the moderator team.
- Any attempt to circumvent a ban will result to the ban being made permanent. Circumvention may include re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban or registering a new email account to evade an email ban. Circumvention also includes posting as an anonymous user.
- Abusing Moderators and Admins
- Abuse of moderation team members will not be tolerated ! If a member contacts moderation team members personally (via any method) in a threatening, abusive, indecent or vulgar manner, a permanent ban will be initiated with immediate effect.
- Permanent Bans
- Permanent bans are a last resort and considerable thought is given before implementing them. Whilst the moderation team may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- Private Messages
- The above forum rules also apply to private messaging, where applicable.
All PM's are to be kept private unless in breach of the above rules. Do not post any private messages either in part or wholly on the forum without the express consent of those involved. The only exception to this case is if you are reporting the content of a PM to an Admin or moderator
Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to public display of the offending message(s), warnings and/or the revocation of private messaging privileges.
- Common Sense
- Use your head - Common sense is what we ask of you. If you are questioning yourself about whether or not you should post something, generally that means it's a bad idea. Remember that this forum is open to almost everyone in the world, so don't post anything that you don't want other people to see. Stay smart, meet people, have fun.
- LFKS (and affiliates) are not responsible for the content of any postings, and will not be held liable for any damages incurred as a result of any message posted to this site.
- LFKS may use or reproduce your messages in other content areas on this site. Intellectual Property of the messages remains with the owner.
- The e-mail address and other information you have submitted during registration is used only for e-mail notifications. Your personal details will not be passed on to third parties under any circumstances.
- What is deemed by 'appropriate action'?
- The forum moderators, Admins and/or Committee will take whatever action they feel is necessary or deem 'appropriate' in response to any infringement of the forum rules. This will be done after careful and unbiased consideration. Examples of 'appropriate action' include; deletion of content, deletion of post, a warning issued, a temporary ban applied, a permanent ban applied. Any action deemed relative may be applied and carried out without prior notification.
- Thanks to Bren of jarHedz for his kind permission to re-use the rules from their site in a format suited to us.