Hello from Dublin

Introduce yourself and tell us about your fish.

Hello from Dublin

Postby Octopus on 09 Dec 2015 10:20

Hello All,
Just a few words about myself. I am from Germany but live already a number of years in West Dublin. I am totally new to this hobby and it started a couple of month ago with getting a fish tank from friends who emigrated from Ireland. The tank was well settled and belonged to their daughter.
So far we, my wife and my self, like this hobby very much and we are thinking already of getting a larger tank at some stage. But for now we try to learn about fish keeping and we have to say: Every day is a school day!
To the aquarium:
It's what I think is called a community fresh water tank with a volume of around 60l. It doesn't have real plants yet but I consider changing this once we are confident with the current setting.
The population of our aquarium:
1 x Pleco (he is a real nice citizen and seems to be always hungry)
1 x Shark Fish (A real beauty and it looks like he knows this. He kind of rules the herd, apart of the Pleco)
2 x red Swordtails (Both females, very active. We had a mail too but he died. He was a real bully)
7 x Harlekin Rasboras (These guys are really peaceful and nothing can really disturb them)
2 x Amano Shrimps (Cool guys. I named them Mr and Mrs Smith. I think they are really smart, carry food away whilst the others can't even find it sometimes)
3 x little orange Guppies (Our first own addition. They come along very well with the rest)

I think that's enough for the moment.
Cheers
Octopus
Octopus
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello from Dublin

Postby ChrisM on 09 Dec 2015 12:50

Hallo und herzlich willkommen!

I have a similar tank. I'm just waiting to get some shrimp.

Do you have any pictures?

I recently added some plants to my tank (generously donated by Joe thesenator), it makes it even more pleasing.

Leinster Fish Keeping Society
ChrisM
Adult
Adult

Pictures and a Question about my Pleco

Postby Octopus on 15 Dec 2015 11:42

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the warm welcome. See below some pics from my tank and the Pleco.

I was planning a bigger clean yesterday but had to stop it as, surprise surprise, I spotted a little fry. It's around 1cm long already and I guess it's a sword tail. I wonder how old it is and if it will survive. So I decided not to disturb the community to much and instead will do just the normal clean next days.

I have a question about the Pleco and perhaps somebody has an advice: He, or she, has two white "corners" on his tail which I can't recall from the beginning. Did I just miss this or is this really something new. do I need to care about it?

Cheers
Octopus
Fry
Fry

Return to About Me