New build

Post your fish photos and videos links here

New build

Postby Turner85 on 03 Feb 2019 16:15

Decided to get back into fish keeping, ive still 50/50 about marines or freshwater. The main reason being i want to enjoy and not stress and i know marines can be hard work but im really willing to take this build slow and do as much right as i can and spend whats needed to make life easy from the start. Basically ive just took a cabinet i made for the exact purpose of a fish tank a couple of years back out of my mother's house and finally set it up in my own place, and thats as far as i have got so far. So im going to get a tank custom made to suit the cabinet, the surface of the cabinet is 60cm x 60cm and the size i have underneath is 51cm wide x 51cm high x 57cm deep. So ill post a picture of the cabinet and explain what im thinking size wise for the tank and see if anyone here thinks i should do it different
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New build

Postby Turner85 on 03 Feb 2019 16:24

So i was thinking of getting a tank made with footprint of 58cm so its 1cm in from the edge of the hardwood top all the way around protecting it from bangs and such. Height im still unsure about but am thinking opti white face and both sides with a black background and overflow in centre of back wall.
Sump im really no clue yet as ive got to find out footprint of what i really should include if im to make it a marine set up with whatever equitment is required. So any input would really be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Postby jackiecarroll101 on 06 Feb 2019 20:19

Very cool idea.. who are you going to get to make the tank?
jackiecarroll101
Fry
Fry

Postby Turner85 on 08 Feb 2019 14:09

jackiecarroll101 wrote:Very cool idea.. who are you going to get to make the tank?

Got a price from seahorse but still sourcing equitment to figure out my sump design. Restricted with height of this unit and still not sure how well it will actually work
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Return to Photos and Videos