Metallic star polyps not opening

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

Metallic star polyps not opening

Postby Turner85 on 26 Apr 2011 14:20

I done a 50 percent water change on Friday because I had high nitrates, since then my metallic green polyps haven't opened yet ever other coral looks better than they ever did. I put them back exactly where they were aswell, I've tried putting flow towards it and taking it off it with no luck. Any ideas, I've tested nitrates and phosphates which are good. I've never done calcium or magnesium tests on my tank, could it be either of them
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Metallic star polyps not opening

Postby ArtaneAquatics on 26 Apr 2011 14:41

probably just having a sulk cos you moved them if your perameters are grand and your other corals are out.calcium and mag levels shouldn't be a major factor for them unless they were way off..(your other corals wouldn't be likely to be open if they were.) It could of course be sick for one reason or another..in essence in a reef it's good practice to test everything if you can.It's just another door closed if you are having a problem.Process of elimination and all that.
ArtaneAquatics
Fins Fur & Feathers
Fins Fur & Feathers

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby robbiesreef on 27 Apr 2011 10:51

corals dont like fast changes in the water doing 50% water changes is not a good thing IM0 a couple of 10% water changes would be better the coral should be ok give it some time
robbiesreef
Adult
Adult

Postby ArtaneAquatics on 27 Apr 2011 12:36

+1.
ArtaneAquatics
Fins Fur & Feathers
Fins Fur & Feathers

Postby Turner85 on 27 Apr 2011 12:47

Yea it's still closed up today, I know it was a big water change but had to be done, all livestock and other corals are looking better than ever anyway so something good came out of it
Turner85
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hard Corals