Black bugs on monti cap!!

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

Black bugs on monti cap!!

Postby silverdollar on 05 Jul 2011 14:46

noticed one of my monti caps was fading in colour, looking very closely at it i could see tiny black specks, reading about these on the net and turns out there very similar to red bugs only these effect monti caps they dont kill the coral but colour fades less polyp extension and slow growth.
Has anyone else had these and if so how did ye treat them?
silverdollar
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Black bugs on monti cap!!

Postby Nige on 05 Jul 2011 15:51

silverdollar wrote:noticed one of my monti caps was fading in colour, looking very closely at it i could see tiny black specks, reading about these on the net and turns out there very similar to red bugs only these effect monti caps they dont kill the coral but colour fades less polyp extension and slow growth.
Has anyone else had these and if so how did ye treat them?

You could try using CoralRX. I'd usually dip all new SPS that go into my tank in the stuff. You place the coral in a small bucket with tank water and a small powerhead. Add whatever amount of drops are recommended on the bottle into the water and leave for about 7 mins.
"Practice a reliable attitude towards fish" Mister Booja Booja
Nige
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Black bugs on monti cap!!

Postby silverdollar on 05 Jul 2011 15:58

ye used coralrx already nige, been reading that only thing that works is interceptor same as red bugs
silverdollar
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hard Corals