duncan trouble

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

duncan trouble

Postby sincgar on 13 Nov 2014 12:21

Hope someone can help

Had a duncan in the tank for several months. doing extremly well, open and growing, new heads etc. It would take mysis if fed directly and all looking good.
went away for a day and then noticed that it was closed. it opened slightly the next day and fed but has since remained closed or at least anytime I look.
all other corals and fish looking good and open. Nems also fully open and showing their bubble tips.

I did notice my ebli angel taking a nip at other button corals so wondering could he also be harassing the duncans and now they are staying shut out of his way

or could it be something else
sincgar
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: duncan trouble

Postby silverdollar on 13 Nov 2014 19:39

more than likely the fish fergal,had the same before with a candy cane coral and a banner fish, once they start nipping the coral wont open fully
silverdollar
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby Cazsie on 13 Nov 2014 20:29

I had flatworm on mine and it wouldn't open until I blew a few off and now we are back to normal. Worth a try in case fish ain't guilty.
Cazsie
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby carlowchris on 14 Nov 2014 00:01

had a similar problem with my Duncan,few people on other forums seemed to have similar stories too,my Duncan is now in a preety low flow area of the tank and happy out but shrimps seem to piss him off now a lot,,,hard to find a perfect spot for him

where in the tank is yours located?????
carlowchris
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby sincgar on 14 Nov 2014 11:15

he is about middle depth in the tank. Seemed to like the flow. still think the fish is the culprit but need to catch him in the act.
Anyone want an ebli ? :x
sincgar
Adult
Adult

Postby cartimar on 14 Nov 2014 11:51

sincgar wrote:he is about middle depth in the tank. Seemed to like the flow. still think the fish is the culprit but need to catch him in the act.
Anyone want an ebli ? :x

HOW MUCH?
cartimar
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby sincgar on 16 Nov 2014 20:52

He's on probation after a stern warning. If he is found guilty you have first dibs :lol:
sincgar
Adult
Adult

Return to Hard Corals