purple milka id

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

purple milka id

Postby carlowchris on 16 Jul 2015 21:59

Hi my purple milka seems to be being over taken by something else....but cant seem to find out what itt is or weatjer i should leave it alone or get it out

any body any ideas what it is????

Thanks
carlowchris
Juvenile
Juvenile

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: purple milka id

Postby liam on 17 Jul 2015 14:43

I hope I'm not missing something but do you mean the yellow/brown coral above it? That looks like a type of Briareum, Star Polyp.

I have a single Darth Maul zoa growing *on* one of my plating montis. I'm going to remove it just because I don't like it there. But they're both doing just fine!

I've kept all my softies on their own little island away from my SPS.

--Liam.
liam
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby carlowchris on 17 Jul 2015 21:35

Thanks liam....was thinking it was some kind of star polyp or gorgian.....but its not above the milka it's on it.....and its not on anything else so im assuming its come into my tank on the milka....just getting a bit worried that if it can grow over a milka...where will it stop....and i'll end up with a tank full of the stuff.....

Thinking of removing the milka and fragging off any parts where its not growing..bit hessatant though cause i cant find exactly what it is .....dont know if its doing my tank any good or not
carlowchris
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby liam on 18 Jul 2015 00:26

It's a coral, and by the looks of it is not hurting the milka.

Just move it if you can, or frag as much as you can, cut off the rest. Super glue gel, cyanoacrylate, is perfect for gluing in place onto live rock. Dry both first if possible. Won't take over as such, but keep away from sps, much slower growing in comparison.
liam
Juvenile
Juvenile

Return to Hard Corals