Lots of lps diyin

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

Lots of lps diyin

Postby jeff on 26 Sep 2015 21:50

Goniopora and gold torch gone in bin totally dead and lots if other lps dropping by the days
Water is 100% even double checked out in sh
Only thing I've changed is done a wet skim fir a few days and start using triton po4 remover a week ago
Used po4x4 for about 5-6 mts without altering between it and rowa was thinking maybe to much metals now in ta k like iron? Going ti send a test off to triton first thing Monday

ImageThis one is a strange one As it's diyin on top and not the bottom which gets feck all light could this be down to old bulbs well about a yr old could be a bit more not 100% when they were bought, so will replace all bulbs also and keep a note of that also, but would that cause si much carnage

Any thoughts would be great nothing added ti tank in a good while, except a dunken about a month ago
Also forgot to mention I lost a cleaner shrimp last week, which also has me thinking about the iron

Jeff
jeff
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Lots of lps diyin

Postby robbiesreef on 27 Sep 2015 00:04

Stop using the p04 remover do 3x20% water changes in a week to see if it helps
robbiesreef
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby carlowchris on 27 Sep 2015 00:11

that's crazy

any chance its something to do with only using one triton product and not running the whole method????
carlowchris
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby jeff on 27 Sep 2015 12:09

robbiesreef wrote:Stop using the p04 remover do 3x20% water changes in a week to see if it helps

Cheers Robbie I took out the reactor last night and done a 20% wc, il do another one tomorrow and then Wednesday
Would it be a good or bad idea ti move the sick corals ti my other tank with no corals seem as their have dead anyway cause can't see the coming back
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby jeff on 27 Sep 2015 12:10

carlowchris wrote:that's crazy

any chance its something to do with only using one triton product and not running the whole method????

Hi chris it's totally fine to use triton products without running a full triton tank
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby jeff on 27 Sep 2015 16:43

Other lps look like their diyin now
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby Niall_jones on 27 Sep 2015 20:38

Sorry to hear tat man, Defoe get the triton test Monday and send it off, put a cover note in it saying what the problem is and ask them to prioritise it. They done mine in 3 days tat included drivers time.
Niall_jones
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby jeff on 29 Sep 2015 22:29

Thanks niall, things went a bit arse ways with work this week so never got to get the test kit, I've done 2 20% changes so far and after the first one the sps have got their full colour back I took out the sick lps before the water change and put the into another tank
After the first wc I noticed 2 heads of frogspawn spewing out some brown slime so I took the out straight away and after the second wc nothing else going down hill all looks good (fingers crossed) I also rs an new carbon at the max recommendations to help pull out any toxins
The sick ones in the other tank are all infected with brown jelly disease
No sign of and fish doing damage to corals that may have caused this
At the moment I'm pointing the finger at myself cause maybe I over fed the lps with mysis a couple of weeks back ?????
The shrimp could have been down to its 2 yr plus age ???? Cause the other one is still alive

This Hoby is so cruel at times so I will battle on chin up and hope I'm right
And wait for the next disaster to see what else I can learn before I call myself a pro ;)
jeff
Adult
Adult

Postby Niall_jones on 29 Sep 2015 23:07

Well I hope you have tat sorted now Jeff, yea every day is a school day in this hobby.
Niall_jones
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Return to Hard Corals