New tank update (lots of photos)

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

Re: New tank update (lots of photos)

Postby davcummo on 21 Dec 2010 19:50

super tank man well done
a quote from my hero"to alcohol,the cause of, and solution to, all life's problem"

lfks member
davcummo
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bubbles on 21 Dec 2010 22:28

awesome mate beautiful tank well done :D

ger
bubbles
Adult
Adult

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MrJackDempsey on 21 Dec 2010 22:47

Sorry to go against the crowd but the best thing you could do with your tank is drop it off at my gaff, :lol: Seriously really nice tank and very good composition of coral,colour etc
Haven't lost my mind,just sold it on E-bay
MrJackDempsey
MFKA Treasurer
MFKA Treasurer

Postby Haggis on 21 Dec 2010 23:58

MrJackDempsey wrote:Sorry to go against the crowd but the best thing you could do with your tank is drop it off at my gaff, :lol: Seriously really nice tank and very good composition of coral,colour etc

If I didn't have a bad back I'd carry it over to you now in the snow! :lol:

Thanks for all of the positive comments again folks! I've a few more corals in the tank now (a lovely blue stag, a pink and purple milli, a peach/pink milli and a green acro, a similar one which has gone red in Bermo's tank - I'm hoping it'll do the same in mine!) I'm afraid I've been too busy to take any photos of them yet but I'll try and post a few up tomorrow.

Cheers,
Graham.
Haggis
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby MrJackDempsey on 22 Dec 2010 00:06

Haggis wrote:
MrJackDempsey wrote:Sorry to go against the crowd but the best thing you could do with your tank is drop it off at my gaff, :lol: Seriously really nice tank and very good composition of coral,colour etc

If I didn't have a bad back I'd carry it over to you now in the snow! :lol:

Thanks for all of the positive comments again folks! I've a few more corals in the tank now (a lovely blue stag, a pink and purple milli, a peach/pink milli and a green acro, a similar one which has gone red in Bermo's tank - I'm hoping it'll do the same in mine!) I'm afraid I've been too busy to take any photos of them yet but I'll try and post a few up tomorrow.

Cheers,
Graham.

Damn snow nearly got a smashing tank there, know a good spinologist if that's any help.On a serious note lovely looking tank and deserves all the positive comments
MrJackDempsey
MFKA Treasurer
MFKA Treasurer

Postby bandraoi dúchasach on 22 Dec 2010 10:23

well done.. looking good. the corals are lovly. :D
Oh heavens..Shes in a right pickle now. As maybelle prepared dinner she unwittingly opened a can of whoop ass.
bandraoi dúchasach
Adult
Adult

Location: An uncomfortable computor chair in dungarvan co waterford.
Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby bermo on 22 Dec 2010 17:40

graham less of the chit chat we need pics :D by the way going to do that next wednesday evening if your around.
bermo
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby Haggis on 23 Dec 2010 00:07

bermo wrote:graham less of the chit chat we need pics :D by the way going to do that next wednesday evening if your around.

Okay, okay! Enough of the pressure!! Here you go:

First the new additions. These all came from Seahorse in a delivery last week.......

A peach/pink milli - not easy to photograph without overexposing the lighter areas.

The blue stag. Sorry for the crap photo! I didn't realise it was blurred until I downloaded it onto the PC. By that time the lights had gone down so too late for a re-shoot. (better shots follow in next post ;) )

The green acro that as you can see is already starting to show signs of turning red! :D :D

Finally the purple and pink milli. Really difficult to photograph this and show the real colours. The tips are more purple and the inner branches are a darker red. This was as good as I could get it.

Next post, some close-up shots of polyp extension :D .........
Last edited by Haggis on 23 Dec 2010 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Haggis
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby Haggis on 23 Dec 2010 00:34

Some close-up shots taken with my good macro lens:

The blue stag :D

The first two shots are deliberately underexposed slightly so you can see the fluorescent green "eye" around each polyp.

Next, a couple of close-ups of the green/red acro. The coral looks nicer in the first shot but the composition is better in the second (not enough depth of field though as I'd have liked more of the polyps in focus).

Next is a narrow focal plane shot of my red tabling (I hope) milli. Polyp extension gets even better after lights out!

Next is a close-up of my other blue acro. I really like this shot :D

My fluorescent green acro. Some of the polyps have started to extend during daylight hours which is nice. You can see how it's a pale pink at the base in this shot.

Very nice polyp extension on this acro too - although the polyps are tiny due to the really fine structure of the coral. You can also just about see that the tips are getting a little bit greener.

My green milli. Polyp extension on this thing is just crazy! :o It looks furry all of the time. This was in my old tank but has really shown a lot of growth since being moved over.

Last shot for now is of another milli. This time with a reddish base and lime green growth tips. Again, great polyp extension!

I don't think there will be any new additions until the New Year and hopefully these with be of the fishy kind!
The again, you never know! :D ....................

Hello! My name is Graham and I'm addicted to corals!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haggis
Juvenile
Juvenile

Postby bubbles on 23 Dec 2010 00:48

i am loving them pictures mate you know what be even better a nice vid of it would be great ;)

ger
bubbles
Adult
Adult

Postby MrJackDempsey on 23 Dec 2010 01:27

Great photography there Graham, smashing corals and don't let Ger (bubbles) put you under pressure videoing your ( mine ;) ) tank but need more photos, just awesome
MrJackDempsey
MFKA Treasurer
MFKA Treasurer

Postby robbiesreef on 23 Dec 2010 01:34

Graham :o :o Them close ups are amazing any chance of a FTS
robbiesreef
Adult
Adult

Postby bermo on 23 Dec 2010 01:40

wow they are some serious pics there graham love the macros :shock: is this your profession?
bermo
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby bermo on 23 Dec 2010 01:43

ye with robbie on this one any fts pics
bermo
Sub Adult
Sub Adult

Postby Haggis on 23 Dec 2010 01:57

You guys are never pleased!! :lol:

I'll take a new FTS tomorrow and post it up. Corals are all just small colonies at the moment. First corals only really went in about 2.5 months ago so it'll still look a bit sparse compared to more mature tanks. Give me 12 months though and we'll see how things have progressed. :D
Haggis
Juvenile
Juvenile

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Corals