3g Pico reef vase

Discussion section for sps and lps corals.

3g Pico reef vase

Postby seanyroche on 11 Feb 2011 17:10

Just a quick post to shoe you my latest project tank. The plan is to try keeping some hardy corals.

my other temperate marine tank is doing good.

here is a photo of the tank with my diy 6500k cfl lighting the leds i got were too warm and not that bright :oops: waiting on the blue leds.

also looking for a couple of kg of live sand and rock around waterford.... ;)

Sean
seanyroche
Fry
Fry

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 3g Pico reef vase

Postby pierce on 11 Feb 2011 17:27

seanyroche wrote:Just a quick post to shoe you my latest project tank. The plan is to try keeping some hardy corals.

my other temperate marine tank is doing good.

here is a photo of the tank with my diy 6500k cfl lighting the leds i got were too warm and not that bright :oops: waiting on the blue leds.

also looking for a couple of kg of live sand and rock around waterford.... ;)

Sean

I could be wrong mate but I do not think the LEDs will be strong enough for corals
pierce
Adult
Adult

Postby seanyroche on 11 Feb 2011 17:45

Hi pierce, I was reading on a few sites in the US where people were using those twisted cfl bulbs like you use in your ceiling to some sucess on large aquariums. As the water will only be about 200mm max I am sure that some hardy corals / low light demanding ones should do ok.
The blue leds I have ordered are just to get the colour looking like a reef tank.
As it is 2 6500k gu10 cfl bulbs light it up very well.
seanyroche
Fry
Fry

Postby pierce on 11 Feb 2011 18:43

seanyroche wrote:Hi pierce, I was reading on a few sites in the US where people were using those twisted cfl bulbs like you use in your ceiling to some sucess on large aquariums. As the water will only be about 200mm max I am sure that some hardy corals / low light demanding ones should do ok.
The blue leds I have ordered are just to get the colour looking like a reef tank.
As it is 2 6500k gu10 cfl bulbs light it up very well.

ok sorry mate hope it goes well for ye.
pierce
Adult
Adult

Postby seanyroche on 16 Feb 2011 04:16

Here is how the tank looked with the live sand and rock in it this afternoon. A big thanks to Andy for the livestock and everything today.

I am waiting for a couple more gu10s to come in for me, it should help brighten things up a bit more in the center.

seanyroche
Fry
Fry

Return to Hard Corals